1. Make a rule and start today. Any TV and Movies that your kids watch, must be in Spanish! It’s that simple. Then, change your audio setting for your profile to “Spanish” so that any tv shows or movies that are dubbed in Spanish will automatically play in Spanish. You can also change the audio for each individual show or movie. This works in almost all live and streaming video services.
2. Did you know that you can also watch TV and Movies in Spanish by changing your country on Netflix? Don’t miss out!
3. Use your Spanish dictionary, google translate or any other online search for “____in Spanish” and label items around your house. You can also use sticky notes to put on mirrors, refrigerators, and other places to remind you of vocabulary words, phrases or complete sentences in Spanish! Don’t have one, purchase a Spanish Dictionary on our store and have fun labeling.
1. Change the settings in your phone or your teenagers’ phone to “Spanish” so that they have to figure out what it means. While they can text in English, they will see the commands every day for ‘texting’ or ‘home screen’ or ‘email’ etc all in Spanish. Soon, it will be second nature to them.
2. You can also change your email language to Spanish. Again, while the actual email is typed in English, everything else will be in Spanish. You will quickly learn that “reenviar” is the same as “forward” an email!
Practicing Spanish daily can be easy.
1. When out shopping, simply read and say the bilingual signs out loud that are labeling the isles or items in a store.
2. Put your radio station to Spanish music or news when driving around town, to and from work, or picking up / dropping off your kids from school and after school activities.
3. Use a Spanish dictionary to lookup random words in English (or Spanish) and translate them to figure out what they mean. Then repeat them a few days in a row, adding a new one each day.
1. Build Spanish into your routine. Make “Spanishtime” a daily part of your life.
2. Recite a simple vocabulary word or phrase, read a quick story, listen to an interesting Spanish podcast, or play a game like bingo or Mastermind in Spanish.
3. Read an animated storybook in Spanish and watch the same language subtitles on the screen to practice your reading comprehension in Spanish. You can purchase downloadable video ebooks in our store.